BC’s Oil & Gas Labour Market Outlook
- Northern BC has a very small labour force (3% of provincial total)
- Direct need to attract a substantial number of workers to fill growing
employment in the north
- Estimated 5500 additional residential units will be required to house new workers
- Hundreds of service providers and labourers will be seeking much needed accomodation
Site C Labour Market Outlook
- $8.3 billion Site C Dam project already underway and estimated to be completed in 2024.
- Up to 1500 workers will be needed during peak construction in 2018.
- 7650 direct construction jobs will be created through the course of construction.
- 35000 direct and indirect jobs will be created through the lifetime of the project.
- 10,000 person years of employment generated during construction phase.
- $130 Million increase in regional GDP during construction.